5.27.2011

05.27.11

I cannot even begin to tell everyone how good it feels to be scrapping and making cards again.  When I'm not being creative it really gets me into a weird funk.  Once again I want to give a lot of credit to Colorful Creations for having the most amazing challenges to get those creative juices flowing.  I've enjoyed not only hosting one of their blog hop stops, but I've been having a blast participating as well.  The following layouts, card and altered gift box were all created from challenges at each blog hop stop.


This is for Nicolle's blog.  Her challenge was to use a Colorful Creations sketch and to use a flower & chipboard.  I really put myself to the challenge by choosing a photo that really didn't lend itself to using flowers as embellies (not smart at all).  But I got creative and altered a flower-shaped piece of chipboard with paint, glimmer mist and crackle accents.  I also stamped onto a piece of circle chipboard to use as the background for the brief journaling.


The next stop was Kathleen's blog where she featured a Tic Tac Toe challenge.  I chose to use the sketch provided, butterlies and flowers.  Since she is turning One next week, it was fun (but also bittersweet) to scrap these photos of Paolina from the day she was born.



Next up was Khristen's blog where she challenged us to make & alter a gift box.  This box is to put a gift card inside (for a bridal shower).  Although it was not part of the challenge, I also made a coordinating card for the bride-to-be.  The whole set is in their wedding colors.

After my blog the next stop was Tam's.  Her challenge was to use the following supplies to create a project. Recycled card board, patterned paper, letter stickers, tag, flowers, bling, ribbon, paint and ink.  I really needed to make a card for my friend's 50th birthday so I thought I would use this challenge to get that done.  I wondered if I would actually be able to get all those elements onto a 5x7 "canvas" but once I got going it was a breeze.



The final stop on the blog hop was the Colorful Creation's blog.  The challenge here was to create a layout using butterflies, bling and flowers.  I've actually been putting this layout on the backburner for quite some time now.  I've really wanted to scrap the photos from my 30th birthday, but I just felt uninspired by the colors I had to work with.  Awhile back I got this Basic Grey doilie paper on clearance for just $1 and knew it was perfect, but I still didn't know how to make the layout feminine with all the greens & browns.  I decided that since this challenge was full of girly embellishments it was the perfect opportunity to finally get this layout done, and I'm really quite pleased with how it turned out.

As if all these challenges for the blog hop didn't keep me busy enough I also managed to complete THREE other layouts for Colorful Creations challenges.

This layout was for the Guest Designer Series and was based on Rochelle Spears's sketch.  Once again I used some pics of Paolina when she was first born. Here she is being held by her Papi when she was just one day old.


This layout was for the "Second Chance" Challenge.  Since this month has been so busy over at Colorful Creations with all of their "birthday" celebration challenges, we were given the opportunity to go back and complete a challenge we had wanted to do but hadn't had time.  I had started on the "Word Prompt Joy" Challenge but never had time to finish it.  So here it is!  I scrapped about when I found out I was pregnant with Santiago...it's hard to believe that was almost 4 years ago.




And last but  not least here is my layout for this month's ABC Challenge.  For May our title was to begin with either the letter K, L or M.  My title is Mi Hermano Mayor, which is "My Big Brother" in Spanish.  The following elements were to be incorporated into our layouts: Keepsake, Key or Kisses for the letter K, Lace or Layering for the letter L, and Masking, Metal or Matting for the letter M.  I used kisses (Santiago kissing Paolina when he met her for the first time), layering, and metal (some staples).

Well, folks, that's all she wrote for now.  This will be a busy, busy Memorial Day weekend for our family so it's doubtful I will get to work on any projects.  As if all I got done in the past week or so wasn't enough ;)  Have a fabulous and safe weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment