5.13.2013

Paper Secrets May 1st Challenge

I have really been enjoying participating in the Paper Secrets challenges. There are always fabulous sketches and fun twists. The May 1st Challenge did not disappoint
However the twist is to add a polaroid. I was a bit stumped on this one...I don't have any chipboard polaroids or a die. So I figured I would just sketch out and handcut one myself, but when I was at the crop on National Scrapbooking Day the host scrapbooking store provided a diecut machine and several binders full of dies all available to us to use...and lo & behold they had a polaroid die. Yay!!

To accomadate my main photo I rotated the sketch and added a second photo into the "polaroid" diecut.
Love these photos of Santiago! I have so many pictures of both kids in laundry baskets and boxes...they really love sitting in them. I also love this line of papers..it's For the Record 2 from Echo Park. Using just the blues & turquoises certainly changes their look as the line also includes green, yellow and black.  I also cut up and added in some leftover border from Basic Grey's Oliver line for a little pop of maroon. And of course I couldn't resist throwing in a mason jar from Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm...they're so adorable!


3 comments:

  1. Soooo cute! You did a fabulous job with the sketch! Such sweet photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable!!! Love how you turned the polaroid to work with the photos! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Secrets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it, as always!! :) Thanks for playing along with Paper Secrets! :)

    ReplyDelete