6.15.2013

June 15th Challenges

With the 15th falling on a Saturday (just like on June 1st) I once again have three different challenges to post on one day. First up is at About a Boy, where we have been asked to create a layout using circles. For my page I used a mask with broken circles, splatters of paint to create the effect of tiny dots, and several fussy-cut doilies. The pattern of the background paper isn't circles, however it is a scallop which is pretty much lines of half-circles so I felt it kept with the "round" feel of the other circle elements.

For this page I used photos of Santiago in the hospital when he was one & two days old. Can you tell he had jaundice?? His little face was as orange as an Oompa Loompa!

The next challenge is over at S.W.A.T. This week's drill is to create a page with a summer theme.
I used photos from 4th of July fireworks at Kirkwood Park when we had our family reunion in St. Louis in 2009. I thought Santiago, who was only 14 months old, would be frightened by the loud fireworks, but he really enjoyed them! He also loved getting treated to a popsicle to cool him off from the heat that evening. My poor California babies just aren't accustomed to high heat & humidity!

Last but not least is a challenge at Sketches with Color to use the below skecth and color palette...



For my layout I used photos of Paolina when she turned 6 months old. Thanks for looking and I hope you will be inspired to try one or all of these challenges yourself.

On a sidenote, these will be my final layouts as a Design Team member for both About a Boy and S.W.A.T. I have really enjoyed my time with each of these teams...but I've had it on my heart for several months now to be spending more time with my family. I realized that the best way to achieve that was to spend less time on deadlines and the other duties that go hand in hand with serving on a design team. Hopefully I will still be able to find the time to join in the occasional challenge with these sites as I always find so much inspiration at both!



No comments:

Post a Comment