11.16.2013

Scrappy Friends

Happy Saturday everyone! Sooo just when I was getting super homesick for the amazing climate back home in California...Dallas went and gave me a sweet gift for the weekend! Yesterday started to warm up, today it's about 80 degrees and tomorrow is supposed to be 85. Ahhhh....finally feeling at home. The only thing better than wearing shorts in November is wearing them come winter too. So if we can just keep these temps for Christmas I will be one happy girl!

On to scrappy things! I got a chance to play along with the the Scrappy Friends challenge this month. This is one of my favorite monthly challenges as it combines a sketch with several challenges that typically help me use up my stash and/or try a new technique. So along with the below sketch by Brenda, Rochelle challenged us to use a "family" theme for the layout and Kristi B challenged us to incorporate dots & chevrons into the page.

I used a photo of Noé with Santiago when he was only 3 months old. Doesn't it just make you smile? I used lots of Crate Paper The Pier product, the last of the Fancy Pants Roadshow scraps siting on my desk, along with some Carta Bella Alphabet Junction that I received as a prize from S.W.A.T. Thank you Lanette! And thank you for looking...have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful layout and awesome take on the sketch as well as the other two Scrappy Friends challenges! Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete