11.08.2013

Thanksgiving Inspired Page

With Thanksgiving right around the corner I was inspired to pull out some photos of Thanksgivings past that I had yet to get scrapped. When I saw that Boy Meets Girl is running a challenge for the first part of the month to create a page with a fall theme and a male subject, I knew I should scrap a photo from Santiago's first Thanksgiving. To make the page I used sketch #53 from the My Scraps & More Sketches blog.


And this is what it inspired me to create...
I love that at that age Santiago always had this same surprised look on his face when I took photos of him. 

The background paper of this page is Basic Grey Clippings and the scraps are Fancy Pants Road Show (sitting on my desk after the last two layouts I made), Sassafras Lass My Dearest (also sitting on my desk from an altered autumn banner I made for a client), Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm and Crate Paper The Pier. The ephemera is Echo Park Fall Fever and Crate Paper Lemon Grass. Isn't it great to use up scraps that haven't even been put away yet?

9 comments:

  1. What a sweet page. Thanks for joining us at BMG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a great fall page and love the added leaves!!!soo glad you played along with My Scraps & More sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors. I like your take on the non-traditional colors of fall. Great page. Thanks for joining us at BMG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so cute! I love how you interpreted the sketch! I also loved that BG line for fall layouts! it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful layout! LOVE the background ~ perfect fall layout!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Boy Meets Girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable page!
    So glad you joined us at My Scraps & More Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the torn papers. It gives it a vintage feel. Glad to see you playing along at Boy Meets Girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome take on the challenge, my friend!!! Thanks for playing along at BMG!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the torn edges Jenessa. Thanks for playing at Boy Meets Girl!

    ReplyDelete