12.26.2013

Sketch Inspired Magazine Christmas Edition

I hope everyone had a merry, merry Christmas! Ours was low-key, but I'm still exhausted. This was the first year that both kids totally understood the concept of Santa bringing gifts, which meant that neither one of them wanted to go to bed, and then Santiago woke us up at 2:45am to ask if Santa had come yet. We put him back to bed, but at 5am he was back in our room again. And every 10 minutes for the next hour. We finally gave up, woke Paolina and let the kids open their gifts. The rest of the morning was spent assembling an enormous Playmobil castle for Santiago and playing with Paolina's new dolls and dress-up. Later in the day my parents, brother-in-law and sister-in-law came over, and we had a very casual dinner of chicken enchiladas with flan for dessert

Needless to say I'm so glad that Paolina is at school today and Santiago is at his "Winter Camp" so that I can have a quiet day to recover. And of course I'm having a blast browsing through all the photos that we have taken over the last few days. Have you had a chance to do the same? Are you looking for some inspiration to scrap those Christmas photos? Well I have a great way for you to do just that. Let's Get Sketchy's online magazine Sketch Inspired has a special Christmas edition that is bursting with Christmas projects and ideas. Check it out here.

And here is the project that I have featured:

For this card I used papers from Kaisercraft Mint Twist collection and some older KI Memories Joyful collection. The giant Santa came from a package of Christmas gift tags I purchased on clearance at Sam's Club last year. I do that almost every year...the package usually has about 100 dimensional tags that I find work well on Christmas cards and layouts. Or I could even actually use them on gifts lol!

Thanks for looking I hope you find lots of inspiration with the rest of the projects in the special Christmas edition of Sketchy Inspiration Magazine!


No comments:

Post a Comment