8.10.2014

Get Inspired Magazine

Have you heard the news? Get Inspired Magazine Issue 4 has gone live! You can view it here. And below are my contributions...

For this page I used a few photos of Paolina & Santiago getting ready to release their balloons to Los Tres Reyes in January of this year. For product I used mostly Bo Bunny Modern Miss, although the animal print paper is left over from a project I did with a jungle theme, and I believe I originally bought it from Hobby Lobby. I couldn't resist incorporating it since it matches Paolina's vest so perfectly. For inspiration I used a sketch by the Get Inspired Magazine's assistant editor Laura Whitaker.

This layout uses a photo of Santiago when he was 9 or 10 months old. I miss his round baby cheeks! Almost all the product I used is older...the background paper is Scribble Scrabble, the scraps are Dream Street Papers and Basic Grey Granola, the dinosaur chipboard is My Mind's Eye Abbey Road, and the title is American Crafts Thickers and Bo Bunny alpha stickers. The Studio Calico cork arrow is the only "new" item which was part of a prize I received from a Scrappy Friends challenge.


For this final layout I used a photo that Noé took of a sunset on Laguna Beach, CA, when we were there to celebrate Valentine's Day back in 2007. All of the paper is from Paper House. The doilies are Bo Bunny, the rub-ons are My Mind's Eye Laundry Line, the ampersand is American Crafts Thickers, and the chipboard words have been in my stash for so long I have no idea where they are from.

I really hope you will take the time to check out this issue of Get Inspired Magazine. The editors worked so hard to put it together, and there is so much inspiration from our amazing design team as well as the submissions from our readers. If you are interested in being published in issue five, you can get more information here.


No comments:

Post a Comment