3.29.2016

ScrapMuch? Part 3

And now for my final installment of ScrapMuch? inspired pages for the month of March. This layout was based on their March 18th sketch.



And here is my take on it...

Let me start off by saying how much I am in love with these papers. They are so bright and make me feel so happy! A few weeks ago Michaels had this ridiculously amazing sale. Their Hot Buy paper pads which are regularly priced at $19.99, were only $5 each! I've been eyeing this pad for months, but even when I had my 50% off coupon I just couldn't justify buying more paper. I was especially nervous that even though I was attracted to the bright tropical colors, I would never have pictures to use with it. Boy was I wrong! I've already used it for three layouts and have "bookmarked" it for two more. Oh and not only have I been using it like crazy, but I've also been using the papers from the pad exclusively on the layouts. You heard correctly, my friends. I did not mix and match with other collections. I've barely even used embellishments. I've just been fussy cutting the flowers & leaves.

Anyhow, I did do a bit of mixed media work on this page. First I applied some gesso to tone down the extremely bright background.Then I used some gold Heidi Swapp texture paste on a circular 6x6 stencil from The Crafters Workshop to add some shine and texture. When the page was almost complete I splattered some white and gold Heidi Swapp Color Shine.

Thanks for looking at yet another page today. Have a great one!



3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, love this so much, from the papers to the fussy cutting to the gold texture past! Thank you for joining us at ScrapMuch?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun happy page! Great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at ScrapMuch?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay...I think this one is my favorite, Jenessa! It's so bright and beautiful and happy!
    Thanks again for joining us at ScrapMuch?! :o)

    ReplyDelete