4.01.2016

Stuck?! Sketches

Happy Friday and Happy April Fools Day! Have any of you fallen prey to jokes or pranks today? I thought for sure my son would get me this morning...seven-year old boys love that kind of thing. But I guess he just forgot about it. Of course the day is not over so I suppose I had better keep an eye on him after I pick him up from school!

On a "serious" note I am super excited to share with everyone my first layout as a Creative Team member over at Stuck?! Sketches. Here is the fabulous sketch I had to work with...


And my take on it...

Instead of using two photos, I decided to use a single picture from our family photo shoot at Crystal Cove Beach, California, back in 2011.

I got pretty messy with the background. First I covered the entire paper with clear gesso. Then I used the packaging technique with my gelatos for a watercolor effect, Over that I used some white acrylic paint with a stencil by The Crafters Workshop. I finished it off with splattering some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and Heidi Swapp Color Shine. I created the layers behind the photos with lots of scraps from my stash...Basic Grey Kioshi and some older 7Gypsies papers.

I decided to move the embellishment cluster that's on the right side of the sketch to the opposite side for my page. The little chipboard clock is Prima, both of the dimensional butterflies are K & Company, the doily is from Hobby Lobby and the alphas are American Crafts Thickers.

I really hope that you will take the time to head over to the Stuck?! Sketches blog. We have such a talented team, and I would love for you to see what they have all created with the April 1st sketch. We would also love for you to join in by linking your layout over in the blog's sidebar. You will have until April 29th to link up for a chance at winning one of our randomly drawn prizes.

Thanks so much for looking!



3 comments: